I haven’t done this High School meme before although I know others have. But I’m feeling kinda-meme-ish so I thought why not? Yanked from
1. Who were your best friends?
Doesn’t “best” necessarily mean ONE? Some of the folks I hung with were: Marc and Rob. I would probably consider Livia my best friend in Sec 5. Yes, I’m purposely leaving out family names 🙂
2. What sports did you play?
Sports? For the school? None.
3. What kind of car did you drive?
Car? In High School? Where the f**& did others grow up? We’re talking east-end Montreal here, not Beverly Hills.
4. It’s Friday night, where were you at?
Hm. Either of two places: At Sauve Park, or at the local “dance”. Usually inebriated. 😉
5. Were you a party animal?
6. Were you considered a flirt?
*snort* Yes, I guess I was by the time Sec. 5 came around. But not before that. No “real” confidence. Just youngster bravado.
7. Ever skip school?
8. Were you a nerd??
Nerd? No. I was smart enough to hang with them. And I was cool enough to hang with the “tuffs”. And I was loyal enough to hang with the “regular/ boring/ other” crowd. No clique blocked me. I floated through them all and was accepted in all. I’m proud of that fact because I never felt anyone to be below or above me.
9. Did you ever get suspended/expelled?
Heh. Not really. Came close, but no.
10. Can you sing the Alma mater?
Didn’t exist as far as I knew.
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mrs. Massey, Sec.5 English teacher, who really turned me onto USING my words/ writing to REACH others.
12. Favorite class?
13. What was your school’s full name?
St. Pius X Comprehensive High School
14. School mascot?
Whoever dressed the worst on any given day.
15. Did you go to Prom?
Hell no. I was definitely NOT into that scene. (and since I couldn’t turn down any one of the three girls who asked me, I turned them ALL down. avoidance. it works sometimes)
16. If you could go back and do it over, would you?
Yes, actually. I would but only if it was back in those same years, too. Life today is much too violent compared to then (although we were equally more violent than those who preceeded us)
17. What do you remember most about graduation?
Getting really close and hitting on the girl I sat next to 😉
18. Favorite memory of your Senior Year?
English class. Seeing my poems appear in our school books. Having one of my poems used as part of the “souvenirs” from the Farewell Supper.
19. What were you voted in your yearbook?
We didn’t follow vote stuff.
20. Did you have a job your senior year?
22. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Cafeteria. Brown-bagged goodness 🙂
23. Have you gained weight since then?
Ha! Man, it’s been added to, that’s for sure! You can’t keep eating the way I used to and NOT gain weight when the metabolism slows down! 🙂
24. What did you do after graduation?
College 3 years.
25. Who was your crush?
I can’t answer this because I can barely understand where my brain was at girl-wise in high school. However, I can say that after HS there was someone by the name of Dani which had certain hurdles to it. Took me quite a number of years to get over that specific hurdle 🙂
26. When did you graduate?
1984. Scary year.