After all, I can’t do a FaceBook meme and not include it here!! 🙂 I will, however, refrain from tagging anyone in LJ. Feel free to do it on your own accord, though! 🙂
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app) then click publish.)
25 Random Things:
1) I had my first out of body experience when I was struck down by a motorcycle at 5 years old
2) I was also 5 years old the first time I talked a girl into going to bed with me 🙂 (I didn’t understand why, but I knew it involved kissing. What the heck was I exposed to at that age?!)
3) I am an Ordained Minister of the Universal Life Church and practice my own religion: The Word of Savage (or, The World According to Mike)
4) I seriously thought the world was going to end in 1987 (which explains some piss-poor choices I made that year) but I’m glad it didn’t (otherwise, all the beauty and bounty I have today… would not be!)
5) I see dead people. And not so dead people. We talk about being dead.
6) Styx can sing all they want about having “Too Much Time On My Hands” but for me, Time is Money and I’m Not a Rich Man! (Translation for those who need it: I’m Too Busy!!!)
7) I get jittery and manic if a few weeks go by and I haven’t worked on something creative.
8) I’m a DIYer (Do-It-Yourself-er) because I don’t like to depend on anyone else. Too many disappointments in the Past have led to me fully believing that if I want something done right…
9) Every day I think about you to some degree. Yes, you.
10) I was born on a Mother’s Day. Every year the one birthday gift I insist on is to not work on my birthday – so I always take a day off 🙂
11) I successfully repressed ALL my High School memories and have been slowly trying to regain them. Not very successful so far, but then again it’s more about feelings than events (although sometimes it would be nice to remember some events!)
12) In my late teens, I regularly was “chased off” by the cops on Friday nights for looking “suspicious”. I was a New Wave / Punk but that didn’t mean I was doing anything wrong. However, when you look a little ‘different’… 🙂 No hard feelings, though. I took it all laughingly in stride (and wrote a song about it called “I Smell Bacon!” 🙂 )
13) I didn’t start drinking coffee until I was about 25. The reason I started was so I wouldn’t fall asleep at the wheel when driving home from work (I had nodded off twice before at that point).
14) There have been many times when I could have (and probably should have!) died but a higher force intervened. In one case, I distinctly remember not only the headlights of the car that almost hit me when I tripped in the middle of the street right outside my parents’ house, but that the grill of the bumper was less than an inch from my nose.
15) If I didn’t need the money, I would be extremely happy to stay home all day. The number of projects and interests I have mean that I would NEVER be bored. (I always loved staying/ being home)
16) I spent most of my childhood alone in my room reading comics and other books.
17) I learned how to speak English from watching The Flintstones and Rocket Robin Hood on television. I learned how to read and speak French from reading Asterix BDs.
18) I do believe that the sharing of bodies is “sacred” in a way. Not something I could do lightly. In other words, no CSBF for me. Nothing casual about that.
19) I believe you can Grow Up without Growing Old. Young At Heart, Forever Young, call it what you will, it’s about having fun and seeing the funny (or positive) in all situations.
20) I have an addiction I’ve been battling all my life. It’s called being a “Collector” (some refer to it as Pack-Rat-itis). As stupid as it sounds, it’s hard for me to “let go” of physical objects I’m attached to. Which explains the +40,000 comic books still stored in my basement.
21) My top 5 performers: Elvis Presley, Rod Stewart, Adam Ant, Dean Martin, Sheryl Crow. My top 5 bands: Dead Kennedys, Blue Rodeo, Black Flag, Minor Threat, The Alarm.
22) My wife and kids are my life. (This is a real no-brainer and shouldn’t even need to be included in this list… except that I was running out of random things!!) I may be tired to the point of being a real zombie most days (lately) but I miss them fiercely when I’m at work (so I look at their photographs almost constantly 😉 )
23) I am the inventor of The Orgasmic Ice Cream. One bite and it’s all “Mmmm! Oh! Mmmm…!”
24) Since August 1990, I have produced various material and been involved in an Apa published on a bi-monthly schedule. That’s a lot of words!!
25) I’ve never been into Home Renovation projects until a couple of years ago… and now I can’t stop!
And, just because I am who I am, I’m adding an extra one:
26) I have never paid for any of the Hockey games I’ve been to. They’ve all been either prizes or gifts 🙂 Although, this may have to change this year…